- RSS Channel Showcase 1164433
- RSS Channel Showcase 7904776
- RSS Channel Showcase 8948908
- RSS Channel Showcase 4793529
Articles on this Page
- 11/20/17--04:00: _Getting Smoke Free
- 11/22/17--04:00: _Fresh From the Oven
- 11/25/17--04:00: _Native Americans
- 11/28/17--04:00: _Origami
- 12/01/17--09:57: _New Music Friday (1...
- 12/02/17--04:00: _Aids Awareness
- 12/03/17--04:00: _Sounds Around Town ...
- 12/07/17--04:00: _Pearl Harbor Rememb...
- 12/07/17--04:00: _Get Connected: eBoo...
- 12/10/17--04:00: _Toys of Yesterday
- 12/15/17--04:00: _The Bill of Rights
- 12/18/17--04:00: _Ludwig van Beethoven
- 11/20/17--04:00: Getting Smoke Free
- 11/22/17--04:00: Fresh From the Oven
- 11/25/17--04:00: Native Americans
- 11/28/17--04:00: Origami
- 12/01/17--09:57: New Music Friday (12/01/17)
- 12/02/17--04:00: Aids Awareness
- 12/03/17--04:00: Sounds Around Town for December
- 12/07/17--04:00: Pearl Harbor Remembrance
- 12/07/17--04:00: Get Connected: eBooks, Movies, Music and More!
- 12/10/17--04:00: Toys of Yesterday
- 12/15/17--04:00: The Bill of Rights
- 12/18/17--04:00: Ludwig van Beethoven
Different things work for different people. Explore the options and decide what way is most likely to help you get smoke free. Put out that cigarette or pipe for the last time with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by Hoopla Did you know that smoking is the most common drug addiction in the […]
Mastering the art of baking a pie is the desire of today's home bakers. A slice of pie with a flaky crust that is filled with a wide range of luscious fillings is the favorite dessert of many. Achieve success in your pie baking with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by Hoopla […]
Find out more about the Native American heritage with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by OverDrive Unpacks the twenty-one most common myths and misconceptions about Native Americans In this enlightening book, scholars and activists Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz and Dina Gilio-Whitaker tackle a wide range of myths about Native American culture and history that […]
The word origami comes from the Japanese oru (to fold) and kami (paper). The basic technique of origami is folding. You can create forms from the simplest fold to the most complex folds with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by OverDrive These three-dimensional models are created from a number of small pieces […]
It's Friday, and It's time to kick off your weekend with some new music releases! These brand new records can be downloaded now, for FREE, with your St. Louis Public Library card. The Library's subscriptions to Freegal Music and Hoopla Digital give you 24/7 access to free music and music videos for download to your […]
Show your support in the fight against HIV with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by OverDrive Novelist and critic Dale Peck's latest work—part memoir, part extended essay—is a foray into what the author calls "the second half of the first half of the AIDS epidemic," i.e., the period between 1987, when the […]
Can't get a ticket to a sold out show or you went to the show and can't get the song out of your head?! Here are some bands and performers that are playing around the St. Louis area during the month of September, whose albums you can download for FREE with your St. Louis Public […]
Remember the servicemen who were killed in the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by OverDrive The America we live in today was born, not on July 4, 1776, but on December 7, 1941, when an armada of 354 Japanese warplanes supported by aircraft carriers, destroyers, and […]
St. Louis Public Library is offering “drop-in” training sessions where technology staff will be available to provide you with one-on-one assistance accessing the library’s excellent collection of downloadable materials. With a valid library card, you have the option to download eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, movies, comics and even music…all for free. No need for registration – […]
Holiday time means more ads for today's toys. Reminisce about the toys from the past with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by Hoopla Toys from the 1950s, '60s, and '70s capture the joy of play and the pure fun of being a kid. But beneath those iconic names are rich veins of […]
The Bill of Rights are the first ten amendments to the Constitution. Read what powers it prohibits on the government with these titles from our digital collections. Review provided by OverDrive The debate over the Bill of Rights still continues through many Supreme Court decisions. By pulling back the curtain on the short-sighted and self-interested […]
Even those who’ve never heard Ludwig van Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony are familiar with its “da-da-da-DA!” opening. Download Beethoven’s music, in which he fused the discipline of the 18th century’s “classical” period with the passion of the 19th century’s “romantic” era, with these titles from our digital collections. Ludwig van Beethoven - 40 Beethoven Playlist Barbara […]